Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today's my dad's birthday. Happy Birthday!!
May has been a crazy month!! I can't believe there are so many activities associated with the final weeks of school. By noon tomorrow, we'll be done!! Yay!!! No more homework, no more books ... :)
Other highlights included Mother's Day, our 13th anniversary, a garage sale, high school graduations (friends) and a baby shower for Amber! And last week we hosted a couple college students who are members of the California Baptist University choir. They were soooo talented and such friendly girls. We enjoyed having them with us for a night.

The GM strike put a slight kink in our otherwise regular schedules. Mike was off work 14 days, and he returns tomorrow for one day; then he's on vacation Friday and doesn't have to go back until Tuesday. It was nice having him home to help with the kids and household chores. It definitely would have become uncomfortable (financially) if it lasted too much longer, though. We're thankful they resolved the issues.

In only 70 more days I'll get some time off work, too. I leave for Brazil July 31. I can't wait to get a break from my routine and see what life is like in another culture. I'm anxious to find out how it will change my perspective.


In the meantime, Nicholas and his fellow Crawdads have started the baseball season looking strong. Go Crawdads!

1 comment:

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

Dick Cheney goes into President Bush's office one day and says, "Mr. President, I have some bad news. Three Brazilian soldiers were killed in the war in Iraq today."

George Bush gets a stunned look on his face and pauses for a moment, then looks a bit puzzled and asks, "Now, how many in a brazillion?"